Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pay no attention to the scarecrow.  He's just writing hipster poetry and doing the Kanye shrug.

All like: "Whatevs, Kant is overrated."  All like: "Mozart was a two-bit hack. Way too mainstream."  All like: "I don't even scare crows, I just tell them that they're poorly deconstructed bourgeois sheeple."

Today is a day for bats in the belfry.  I know I say this a lot, but you really have to click this to make it bigger, otherwise they're just black blobs.

I made them with wire, black electrical tape, and foil for the body. 
First I made the 'fingers' on the wings with the wire, threading them together.  Then I applied the tape, sticky side to sticky side, so the outside was rubbery and black.  I pressed it down, and it made the 'bones' stand out, like for an actual bat.



They need names now. Any suggestions?  And as always, happy arting!

2 comments:

  1. Vlad. Vlad's a good bat name. Chewbacca also springs to mind for no readily apparent reason.

    ReplyDelete