Monday, January 23, 2012

Instead of saying that something is 'like herding cats' to describe an activity that is frustrating and ultimately futile, people should say that something is 'like wallpapering a dollhouse.'  I used vinyl sticky drawer-liner sheets again, and it was impossible to work with and frustrating to line up the pattern.  The pattern is so small that when you look at it too long it gives you that feeling like when you cross your eyes.

Here's the way it looked like before:

Here's how it looked like in the middle of the process.  Decent, not stellar.  I ripped up the flooring (sticky plasticky tiles) so that when I attach the new flooring it'll rest flat.  It's okay to have some overhang to trim off later.  The bottom will be covered with flooring, so I don't really have to worry about that overlap.  For the short wall at the end I had to cut a really short bit of wallpaper, because I couldn't get a big piece to curve around the corner, so that's something to keep in mind.


Here's the way it looks now, after much repositioning and fit-throwing.  The edges look raggedy, but I plan to figure out a way to fold them under and there's a windowframe that'll go there, too.
Happy arting!

No comments:

Post a Comment