Saturday, April 7, 2012

Early Easter

I don't want to be the one to tell Hagrid that Easter is tomorrow.  At any rate, he seems to have found an egg.  I'm slightly worried about what's hatching from it.


You might notice that his basket is rather cauldrony.  I got the cauldron at a garage sale, at which point it was dry brushed silver, which gave it a really nice aged look, but it had a very obvious plastic seam down the middle, and MADE IN TAIWAN stamped on the inside.  I used a nail file to file down the seam and the inside, and I used some liquid copper leaf to color the cauldron.  It took a few coats.  Partially due to my own stupidity.  I thought because it didn't say to shake well on the back of the package that I didn't need to.  It's also a kicker to clean off of brushes and hands.


Don't let the bad quality picture fool you... it's gorgeous.  And it was really exciting to work with actual soluble copper, as opposed to copper paint.  I got it on sale, which is also pretty exciting. 

Happy arting!

No comments:

Post a Comment