Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm not very good at finishing projects.  I'm kind of a jack of all trades, except none of these trades involve actually making money.

I've had this dollhouse kit hanging around in my room since late high school/early college.  Now I'm a year past graduation, I've finished writing the manuscript for my first novel, and I'm staring at a started dollhouse with crooked walls, streaky paint, and floors with cracks in them. 

This dollhouse is not a metaphor for my life, but it easily could be.  I didn't want to work on it because it was ugly, so I let it gather dust.  Now I realize that it's up to me to make it beautiful, crooked walls and all.  Continuing the metaphor that is not a metaphor, it probably isn't going to be very frilly; it's a home for my action figures!  I have an Edgar Allan Poe, an Oscar Wilde, the Crow, two Doctors from Doctor Who, and several others.

The Dollar Dollhouse is going to be a blog on how to craft on a paper-thin budget, using stuff you can easily get or you already have at your own house. 

Happy arting!

No comments:

Post a Comment