I got this vanity from the dollar store. As you can see, the drawers are a facade. They pried off pretty easily with a pocket knife, and left a convenient hole. So what I did is I made three drawers that actually worked, using small glass beads as the pulls.
I used a elmer's glue as a crackle medium. Now, how to do that. First I painted the whole thing white with like eight hundred coats because the cheap stain kept making it pink (then I gave up and let it be pink). This ended up being a good thing, because you should have a contrasting color under the color you're making it. Then I spread white glue everywhere, waited for it to dry (mostly), and painted over it with this revolting mustard yellow. I know the drawer is crooked... that's fully on purpose. I wanted some dumpster-dived, well-loved vanity that looked like it was repainted in the 1950s and left out in several terrible storms.
I wanted it to look old and kind of trashed up; I even included a carving, done by a friend of mine. My initials, and a darling art friend's initials, in a heart! Thanks Lindsey! I painted some lace turquoise to add a little extra color to the front.